Project Looking Through (Number Two)

Our trip is going well so far. Shannon and I have had plenty of time to go out after I finish my work each day.

From the CastleWednesday night, we went to Fayetteville (Arkansas) and enjoyed a park that we couldn’t believe we’d never visited in the five years we lived in that area. Sadly, it was the last place we stopped, and the light was fading fast as I frantically snapped pictures at slow shutter speeds.

I managed to get a few for Project Looking Through, but the pic here is the only one worth sharing. It’s from a tiny castle built in a funky world created by a local artist. Project Yellow sneaked in there, too. I got several others that don’t fit the project but that I’ll use here in time.

Update: Here’s the “castle” from the other direction.

From the Other Direction

Thanks again to everyone participating so far. I plan to do this for at least a few more days, but might skip the weekend (I rarely post on the weekend). The form in my latest Project Looking Through post makes it easy to jump on in if you haven’t already.

Continue to Project Looking Through (Number Three)

26 Responses to Project Looking Through (Number Two)

1. What a great view! I’m glad you’ve had time to enjoy your trip after work.

2. Hey Mark! Great shot…I love the V angle! Very nice. Have fun!

3. Wow. I’d like to have that look through! Especially knowing it’s from a castle. Great shot.

4. Great shot. Makes me want to see more of what else the local artist created. Love the framing with the wood (?).

5. Will we get to see the castle? That’s the thing about this series–I wanna know the perspective of the camera!

6. Robin – Sometimes I do requests. I added the pic from the other direction.

7. I’m glad you guys are having time to yourselves… isn’t it great to “recharge” the batteries so to speak? *S*

8. OH, my word, Mark! You SOOoooo needed to add THAT view! Thanks for honoring my “request” ;).

(Others will applaud the addition, too!)

9. Thanks for this project! This is a fun way to do some things with the tons of pictures on this Macbook. :)

10. wow… and double wow! Almost looks… uh… not real! (can’t think of the actual word I want to use! LOL)

11. Excellent shots. Great idea for a photo project. Found you through b13 and Anna.

12. Mine is up too! I think this is going to be fun, I love peeping through anything when I make pictures, so …
    Yours is great!

13. I love that and would LOVE to visit that little funky world!

My second PLT is up. :D

14. What a cool place. Quite the fairy tale feel to it. Like Putt-Putt golf meets, 70s Lord of the Rings art. In a good way.

I’m still looking for a “Looking Through” picture. I’ve snapped a few, but nothing I’m particulalry happy with. I’ll find something soon, though.

And I’m impressed with the turnout your project is getting. Way to go, Mark. It’s great to see this much traffic here at the ol’ Regular Life. Like you’re having a party or sumthin. You need to work Red Straw and Blue Straw into a “Looking Through” pic. You know…introduce them to the folks here at the “party”

15. What a great project idea. It’s fun always looking for new and different ways of photographing our world.

16. If it’s ok I will join in; but my picture will not be posted until tomorrow( Fri) I have to go and decide on my subject!

17. Wow. Love the architecture. It’s like a miniature Gaudi exhibit.

18. This is quite fun, I added a second one. Love the castle, makes me want to get out and do something that doesn’t involve work!

19. Hi Mark, I shot a window for your project. What a great theme you picked!

20. I love the V angle too! what a magical place.

I found you through Anna’s place and I love the sense of ‘looking through’ so I had to join in. Looking forward to getting around to see all the other shots.

You have a beautiful family :)

21. Nice! This is fun! My take 2 is up…

22. Hey Mark,
    I’m Shannon’s friend thru Co.Co. Anyway, I’m coming out of my secret hiding of lurkdom because I’m obbessed with your blog. I love to see what new pictures you’ll post. You’re wit and sense of humor is pretty good too. ;) Taking pictures is one of my new found hobbies, so I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. Are you a member of flickr and if so, have you ever thought of starting a group on flickr? I’d love to join in on your assignments, but I’m SO not a blogger. :P Just a picture taker. ;) Thanks for the inspiration.

23. This is a nice image you posted. It’s very peaceful. I love looking through to the flowers.

Thanks for hosting this project, Mark.

I added my first entry. I’ve been wanting to try this shot for a while and you gave me the perfect opportunity to try it. I’ll work more on this concept in the future but here’s my first attempt.

24. Greetings, Mark!

That is a very nice castle! I really like the angles you captured in your shot.

I’ve just now joined you via Junie’s blog and will get a shot posted soon. Like in the next 5 minutes. Hopefully. If I can get the fish to pose. Thanks ;=)

25. Thanks to everyone participating in PLT, and to Anna and others for helping spread the word.

Trinity – Glad you’re hanging out over here, even if you’re not always throwing in your $.02. I don’t use flickr because it’s blocked at work, and therefore probably at many others’ places of employ. Not that I encourage looking at internet pictures during work, but on breaks or lunch at the desk, why not? So, I post my photos without using any of the free photo sharing sites. Some of them also have a fairly complicated agreement that includes legalese allowing them to use the images however they see fit. I have no idea whether Flickr is one of those.

I’m not opposed to using Flickr, but I won’t use it to incorporate pics into my blog because for many readers it would mean parts of the blog wouldn’t work.

Photography is a great hobby, and once you’ve plunked down the cash for a camera, it isn’t as expensive to practice, practice, practice as it was back in the days of film. I think Shannon has shown me some of your pics, and I was impressed.

26. These are so pretty! What fun!