We were fortunate enough to take a trip to Red River, New Mexico, where we met my folks for a week of fun and relaxation.
And more than a little bit of photography.
Following is a list of links, in order, of my posts related to the trip. The first three are mainly photos, with more text accompanying the (many) pics later. A few feature sound and video clips. Includes a hike in a hailstorm and other fun. We finished it on the way home with a jaunt to Palo Duro Canyon. Enjoy.
- Rocky Vacation – Introductory post with a couple of teaser images.
- Wordless Wednesday Twelve – My favorite woman and my favorite flower.
- Big Pile of Sand (Pic of the Week) – Like, sand that makes mountains.
- First is Worst (we hope) – How it all started, and not always smoothly.
- Amarillo’s Where I’ll Be – Our overnight spot on the drive out literally stunk.
- No Plans and Loving It – View from our cabin, downtown Red River, a mountain lake, and much more.
- The Exertion and the Expulsion – We hike to a beautiful spot, but a hailstorm has different ideas about the serenity of it all.
- Donuts and an Uplifting Experience – Sorry, cash only, ski lift views, and go-karts.
- It’s All Just Gorge-Us – The Rio Grande Gorge and Taos
- Sands of Clime (Pic of the Week) – Our day trip to the Great Sand Dunes National Monument. Wow.
- Jeepin’ the Peak – We drive to the highest NM peak attainable by motorized vehicle, and I get my favorite pictures of the trip.
- A Boy’s Morning – The boy rides a bull and a Bungee.
- Worst Western and Stuck Cars – We visit a hotel that should change its name, and see the art work made famous in Cars.
- Hard Wood Hole – In an unexpected surprise, we stop at Palo Duro Canyon on an alternate route home.