Skywalker Chronicles

(Note: Those reading “The Keys Are In It” may jump into Part Seven. Those who have not started, give it a try.)

At Benjamin’s Fifth Birthday Party (with a Star Wars theme), the boys made up a role-playing game. In the middle Benjamin explains what’s happening and then uses his foot to emphasize one of his key talking points. Give it a moment to start after clicking the “play” button (there’s a download link, too, for those who have trouble with the streaming version).

(due to a request by a parent to remove this video, I have edited it since its original appearance here, which might make some of the comments a bit confusing)

(If you have trouble watching it in the window above, just right-click (or Apple-click?) here to download it to your computer. Mac users, you may view the file using the free Flip4Mac WMV, as the Quicktime encoder in Adobe Premiere Elements is not very user friendly.)

8 Responses to Skywalker Chronicles

1. *LOL* Everyone’s Luke!!!

He’s too funny….. *S*

2. Bad Luke? Man, I really have forgotten the Star Wars movies. :-)

LC finally got up the courage to watch Phantom Menace, and has watched it three times now. He wanted to watch it for the Pod Racers, but that’s the only part he skipped on his two subsequent viewings. The tension was too much for him. Those kids…they’re just silly. :-)

3. Dave – Yeah, except that one kid saying, “I’m gonna get you, Skywalker!” I think he was Darth, but I’m not sure.

Charles – I think maybe they were thinking of that “Star Trek” episode with a bad Kirk. Nah, that’s just wishful thinking on my part. Besides, the ST universe won’t come until later. It isn’t as heavy on the swashbuckling fun as SW.

4. Charles – Glad to hear LC made it all the way through Phantom Menace. Benjamin made it about to the point the Jedi and Jar-Jar are in the submarine and asked, “Where’s Luke, Leia, and Darth Vader?” To him, those characters are the Star Wars movies. So, we watched The Empire Strikes Back, and he had me skip the snow monster part, just like the first time he watched it about a year ago. Until last weekend, he had watched only the first movie (and I mean the first one, not episode one) since that one weekend last summer that we watched all three of the original trilogy. Return of the Jedi was just too intense for him at the end, and I felt a little bad for showing it to him.

5. I’m afraid that not “everyone” is Luke. Most people can’t handle that sort of responsibility.

My guys have watched all the Clone Wars cartoon episodes I have on DVD, and they’ve seen a little bit of the new episodes, but I’ll have to do a more methodic introduction to the original movies to ensure they get brought up right.

6. I noticed that “Good Luke” kicked his rival (that was a rival, wasn’t it?) in the head. Not all that good, I guess.

7. Ahh…the submarine and Jar-Jar. Putter had to leave the room for a second on that part too. He did repeat the line, “There’s always a bigger fish,” a few times though.

He hasn’t tried Return of the Jedi. He liked Empire, but he watched that one with mom.

All of them are great movies…some just better than others.

I can’t wait to see how Ben and Charles interract the next time they’re together.

8. Charles – Ben just got bored at that point. Kind of funny, really, that the Phantom Menace didn’t hold his attention. The last one of the new trilogy still is the best by far of that group. In fact, they could have just started Revenge of the Sith with a quick narrative explaining much of movie one and two’s story lines, and maybe incorporated some of the pivotal scenes in flashback form. That would have made for one heck of a movie instead of two okay ones and a pretty good one.