I Never Saw a Blue Horse (Project Blue 01)

I grabbed my camera Tuesday, on what seemingly was a routine trip to take Homer to the body shop and to help Shannon’s mom move refrigerated items to her new house.

“I gotta be ready for Project Blue,” I told Shannon.

Later, as we headed out to the car to go home, I noticed blue sawhorses blocking the driveways of vacant townhomes. Naturally, I had to take pictures. I fired off a few, standing and lying down, tilting the camera to get a new look each time.

I Never Saw a Blue Horse

Click to enlarge

“Okay, you can get up now. You look kind of ridiculous,” Shannon said.

“You think the neighbors are wondering what’s wrong with the new people?” I said.

“Something like that.”

I laughed, got up, and dusted off my right side.

As we got in the car, Shannon said, “Hey, look, the sky’s blue! And your shirt’s blue. And Benjamin’s shoes. Blue is everywhere.”

See what I endure to participate in Anna’s photo projects?

Update: Apparently my lovely wife snapped a picture of me taking the above picture.

So Very Meta

Please see others willing to suffer similar fates at Anna Carson Photography’s Project Blue.

14 Responses to I Never Saw a Blue Horse (Project Blue 01)

1. I love how the cloudless sky today matched the sawhorses perfectly. Now you need to post the picture I took of you taking this picture! I love you, honey, even when you embarrass the heck out of me.

2. Hahaha ! here you got me ! not knowing what a sawhorse is, I expected to see blue horses ! Imagine my surprise !

3. Oh I love it. Not only did you get a great shot, but I LOVE that your wife shot you getting it. And at least nobody thought you were dead like when I tried this!

4. Great shot of the sawhorse! She got you a beauty!! :)

5. I love that you were captured taking that great shot of the “blue horse”. My kids have done that to me with my cell phone.. LOL

6. I have an antique side board that was once that precise color. Hadn’t thought of it in years.

7. Man, the lengths you’ll go to just to get a picture of a SAW HORSE! *LOL*

8. I have a similar set of pictures of the underside of a train. Your shot turned out much better than mine did, and the meta shot adds a level of humor otherwise missing from the arty shot. I can literally hear Shannons eyes rolling through my screen…and it’s a very familiar sound to me ;)

9. I would love to find out more about this ‘Project Blue.’ But I’m at wor…um…somewhere that I can’t get to Blogger, so I guess I’ll have to wait.

10. I think the sound of eyes rolling is becoming rather common in many house holds across North America. It ushers in a new wave of tolerance and understanding in the spirit of Voltaire, which I would paraphrase as, “I may not agree with what you are doing, and would be mightily embarrassed to be found doing it myself, but I will defend your own right to do it while standing at a sufficient distance that temporarily dissociates the two of us.”

Long may this new era reign.

11. OK, so you know I LOVE this right? I love the pic of you getting “THAT PIC”…

Shannon, you and my husband have a lot in common! Both of you wait, ever-so-patiently, as your spouses lie on the ground and do the unseemly to get a picture that we see in our minds WELL before we even take it…

Thanks for getting that shot of Mark….it is hilarious!

12. Oh and Mark, thanks for being so diligent in your pursuit of blue! That is what makes it so much fun!

13. I love the angle and the blue of the ‘horse” against the almost identical blue of the sky. Also enjoyed your wife’s photo. Cool post.

14. I like your wife’s picture best. lol