Project Looking Through (Number One)

Baby Benjamin Through Teether

This picture of baby Benjamin seemed like the perfect choice to move from Anna’s wonderful Project Yellow to my first project. I don’t have the original with me on the road, so I had to pull this small version from an old online album. It doesn’t get very big when clicked.

Below is the picture that gave me the idea for this project. My in-laws in Texas decided that they were finished worrying about a lawn and the other concerns that come with a house on its own lot. This is the view from one of the bedrooms. I like the blue sky and the clouds.

Condo Minimums

Project Looking Through

The only requirement is the sensation of looking through something. That keeps it specific enough to keep us focused, but vague enough to free up everybody’s creativity. I figured Project Looking Through — PLT for short — is a good name.

So, join in if you like, and please use the Mr. Linky form in my latest Project Looking Through post to add yourself to the list of participants.

Continue to Project Looking Through (Number Two)

35 Responses to Project Looking Through (Number One)

1. I am TOTALLY doing this….mine will be up tomorrow night! ;)

2. And I gave your new project a plug on my blog! ;) See you tomorrow!

3. Shoot, Mark, I just posted a PERFECT submission for this on Monday. Hmmm, I might re-post that one (it’s my High Five post) or I guess get creative and take some new shots.

Either way, sounds like a winner to me!

4. I am here because of Anna’s plug. LOL!!

I will put mine up tomorrow (Wednesday) and will add you to my Blog Roll to help promote your project.

I know a few people who are looking for new photo memes, so I’m sure I can get them on board.

5. Oh yes, I’ll be doing this one as well! I’ve got some great pictures waiting to be published for this one as well! It starts tomorrow right?

6. Hmm…. my blog is trying to show you Europe through my eyes.. does that count? *LOL*

7. Anna – Thanks!

Robin – Link your existing one if you want.

Karen – Sounds great to me.

Jietnje – It started already, so yes, go for it.

Dave – Cheater! Your journey has been wonderful so far, but, no, the photos don’t quite meet the compositional requirements.

8. Found via Anna’s blog – which I found via Jerry Pennington’s blog during PY. It’s interesting how these things get chained together.

Got two pics up for my contributions thus far. Older photos for now, from previous posts while we were building our house, but I think they meet the criteria. It’ll be fun finding new shots for this.

9. This looks like fun! I’m here via, Robin, via Anna.

May I post more than one?

10. I, too, dig this photo project!! Mine are past photos, but still a great way to start it all off…

11. I’ll get my wife to grab the camera and take a pinhole shot through my ears as I pose in profile.

Yeah… I’ll get right on that.

12. The top shot reminds me of the bourbon glass picture I did for Wordless Wednesday back in the day. Well, except your’s has a cute Ben and mine just had…well, bourbon. But you get the point ;)

I’ m digging on the window shot. It’s simple, but captures the eye nicely. Who knew suburbia could be so photogenic?

I’ll see what I can do with the “Looking Through” concept (without getting arrested for peeping)

13. I finally got mine up! Going to look at everyone else’s now. YAY!!!

14. Ok, my link above is for looking through the glass window of a tram in Switzerland, heading down Mt. Rigi (10,000 feet).
    Me, that’s deathly afraid of heights! *LOL*

15. Count me in, this sounds like fun!

16. I linked to my placeholder but will not have my picture up until tonight. I found the perfect picture for this meme and had to secure spot 13 :)

17. Hey Mark,
    I will post my first one later tonight.

I can’t see your pictures. I called my daughter and she told me what they were- I don’t even see a little box where a picture should be – if anybody knows why maybe they could HELP!
    I can see everyone else’s pics.

18. Mine’s finally up…sorry for the delay!

19. I’m in!!! Took awhile for me to come up with one, but I did it!

20. Great idea Mark! So much flexibility in the theme. Thanks for the new project!

21. Hi, Mark and all. Nice to meet you!

I tuned in Project Yellow when it was already winding down. Several bloggers I already read participated to one degree or another, so I started checking out some of the other links. Very cool.

I love photography and take pictures all the time anyway, so I decided I’d play along. I should have a PLT post up soon.

Jeanne

22. This one has had me thinking all day! I will post my photos in just a bit! Thanks for keeping a project going!

23. Mark…how long do you plan on running this little project?

Lemme know!

24. Oh wow. I would like to do this, I will have to see what I come up with picture-wise before I post anything.

25. This is such a great idea, I love it, very creative! I already have some photos that fit so I’ll do better than I managed with project yellow.

26. HI!

Well, I got my first ‘Looking Through’ post up!!

Come LOOK! :)

Junie

27. Found you through Carletta, looked like fun and so here I am. Loving this!!

28. Everyone – Thanks for participating. As you may or may not know, I’m out of town right now on a business trip. My wife joined me on this one.

I know, bad time to start a new project. Or, the perfect time, so that everyone else can run the blog for me.

To answer one question — I plan to keep it going about a week, if possible.

29. I just found out about your PLT, and I have a few pictures already that I can use so posting one now. Not sure how much I will actually participate, but when I get time but sure going to enjoy seeing other’s ideas. Thanks for coming up with the idea.

30. Mark,
    I posted my first one, but kept second guessing myself on where I was going with it. Hope it fits the “compositional requirements.” :)
    Hope you and your wife have a wonderful trip!

31. Mine is up Mark….got in a little late tonight after a shoot. Have a good trip and hey to Shannon!

32. Hi from Brasil.

Congratulations on your project. I’m glad I’m really enjoying your and Anna’s projects.

Bye. Come to visit me.

33. Fun project! Thanks! You have me thinking of other project ideas now…:)

34. I’ve been noticing the project yellows on other web sites and then after seeing the link to this effort, decided to join in.

35. I’m JOINING!!! Better late than never! I’m playing catchup!