More of That Beatboxing Flute

Weekend break from vacation journaling. I don’t usually post someone else’s work, but I had to share this just for fun. In these three clips are “Peter and the Wolf,” “Inspector Gadget,” “Axel F,” Star Wars Imperial March, and the Muppets theme. Something for pretty much everyone.

This time, instead of Tim Barsky, it’s Greg Pattillo.

You’ve never heard “Peter and the Wolf” quite like this. He starts out playing it straight, and then puts his own personal touch on it.

Give this next one until the clock shows about 2:56 remaining before you give up on it. He goes into another instantly recognizable song before it’s all over, then brings it back to the first tune.

The finale is a tune called “Muppet Wars,” which includes the Muppet Show theme and some Star Wars tracks. With about 1:00 left, he really throws down.

6 Responses to More of That Beatboxing Flute

1. This guy’s pretty amazing. He blew the stereotypical “sissy flute player” image I had right out of my head. (I’m kidding about that of course…) My grandson does this thing when he’s busy amusing himself that’s uncannily like this, only minus the flute. I figure someday he’ll morph into a keyboard or something.

2. Wow! That just made the flute a whole lot less feminine for me now. And a wonderful selection to finish with.

Oddly, I have a random video post going up tomorrow as well. The music’s not quite as good, but the subject matter is far, far stranger…

3. Linda – Your grandson’s beatboxing already? Record that, please. Or have mini-Linda do it.

Simon – Pretty soon, we’re not going to find coincidences like that odd. I’ve almost come to expect them. I would say, almost like a comfortable pair of shoes, but that would be a weird thing to say.

4. I have to admit….I like it. :)

5. Yeah, Mark he does. It started when he was about 2, an avid U2 fan, he emulated Bono just about 24/7 to the point of wearing sunglasses constantly and carrying a microphone around. How that evolved into this thing he does now, I’m not quite sure. We have video, too bad I’m incompetent… I’ll encourage Ju to make that public.
    (Mini-Linda, haha. That’s funny but not at all accurate. Ju might have something to say about that… and I would be very curious to hear what it might be.)

6. There’s something you don’t see everyday! That guy has some talent. Where’s more talent like that on “America’s Got Talent?” You add a dancing monkey to his act, and he could write his own paychecks. :-)