Set That Nonsense to Music

I had a post about fatherhood all set to go, but when I read my friend Emily‘s bulletin on MySpace, I decided that I had to participate. She’s an old friend from high school, so I’m doing this in honor of my Friendships post earlier in the week. The bass player in a rock band, she would be the one to post this.

I’m posting it (relatively) early so everyone will have lots of time to get it done. Do as many as you can. This probably tells more about me than any long-winded post could.

Put your music player on shuffle.
Press forward for each question.
Use the song title as the answer to the question.
No cheating! Who cares if it doesn’t make sense. (And it doesn’t.)

Here are mine:

How am I feeling today?
Creatures (For a While) – 311

Will I get far in life?
Parachutes – Coldplay

How do my friends see me?
Que Onda Guero – Beck

Where will I get Married?
Ice Cream Man – Van Halen

What is my best friend’s theme song?
Climbing the Walls – Stir (live in the x lounge III)

What is the story of my life?
Without Me – Eminem

What is/was highschool like?
Girl – Beck

How can I get ahead in life?
Lost in Germany – King’s X

What is the best thing about me?
Baby Got Back – Sir Mixalot

How is today going to be?
Hell Yes – Beck

What is in store for this weekend?
I Like Cold Beverages – G Love and Special Sauce

What song describes my parents?
AT&T Wireless Ain’t Nothin’ But a Punk Bitch – Dr. Poopie (free DL from fourthcity.net)

To describe my grandparents?
I’m the One – Van Halen

How is my life going?
Hide and Seek – Imogen Heap

What song will they play at my funeral?
Poptop – DJN (free DL from fourthcity.net)

How does the world see me?
Hey Ya! – Outkast

Will I have a Happy Life?
You Dropped a Bomb on Me – Gap Band

What do my friends really think of me?
Starry Eyed Surprise – Paul Oakenfold

Do people secretly lust after me?
Hey Ya! – Obadiah Parker (video here), or just audio here.

How can I make myself happy?
Guerrilla Radio – Rage Against the Machine

What should I do with my life?
My Kinda Lover – Billy Squier

Will I ever have children?
Summer Song – Joe Satriani

What is some good advice for me?
Freakazoid – Midnight Star

How Will I be remembered?
Rental Car – Beck

What is my signature dancing song?
Go it Alone – Beck

What do I think my current theme song is?
Sleep Now in the Fire – Rage Against the Machine

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Mean to Me – Tonic (live in the x lounge iv)

What type of men/women do you like?
Any Way You Want It – Journey

What Does Your Man/Woman love about you?
Space Between – Dave Matthews Band

What Song do you secretly love?
Farewell Ride – Beck

What do you want to do tomorrow?
Hurts So Good – John Mellencamp

(Note: Poptop is worth the download. The AT&T track? Not as much. You really should listen to Obadiah’s version of “Hey Ya!” It’s not at all what you might expect.)

UPDATE:

My lovely wife, and then our very own lovely Linda, made me smack my forehead in a V-8 moment. I shouldn’t wait until Thanksgiving Day for a Thanksgiving post. Oh well, a little late, but I give thanks for all y’all out here in the blogosphere.

Be good to yourselves, and do at least one thing you’ve never done before, even if it’s just turning down that one road you keep telling yourself you’re going to explore.

12 Responses to Set That Nonsense to Music

1. *LOL* That’s great…. I’ll have to try it with my IPod when I get a chance!

Have a great Thanksgiving Mark, Shan and Ben!

2. Hee hee. Really cool. I especially liked the Life/Bomb one… Lord knows when I’ll get time for this but it will make a fun post… If I don’t get back here, Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Your friendship will be on my list of things I’m thankful for… :-)

3. I’m just curious what everybody with players has on them, but some of my answers did turn out funny.

Linda – I’m thankful for you, too. I think one of my favorite things about this blogging stuff is that I get to see news of regular people every day, not just people who are causing pain and suffering (like we see and read in the news).

Happy gobble-gobble, everybody!

4. Appearently I’ve asked Santa for all the wrong things this year. And I’ll continue to be left out of these Reindeer games until I break down and by an IPOD. Does anybody remember MAD Libs?

5. Very fun post, Mark. I left my iPod at home this morning so I’ll give it a shot when I get home this afternoon. A bit too much Van Halen for my tastes ;) but I really like your musical spread.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks for the thanks. But I’m thankful not only for the fact that your thankful of me…but thankful for the very fact that you take the time to be here in the first place. It takes time and effort to keep this space up to date, but it really does make a difference in my day to “see the news of regular people everyday.” So I’m thanksful for that.

6. Did you use your music or someone else’s?

‘Cause if so, I love your taste in music, haha.

7. Josh – Well, you don’t have to go iPod brand. Lots of other options are out there. But you’ll love it once you have one. I remember MAD Libs. They were hilarious.

Moksha – Two VH songs are too much. Pshaw! This list was kind of Beck heavy because I ripped an entire Beck CD to my player, and it only has a 512MB card in it.

Thanks for thanking me for thanking yourself (or something).

Steph – Mine, all mine. I loaded these (and other) songs for a good workout mix.

8. Is it bad that I don’t have an iPod or anything remotely resembling an mp3 player? I’m a bit of a luddite in that regard; not unwilling, just behind the times and never got to that stage. Yes.

Happy almost Thanksgiving, guys!

9. PS — I have no idea what that “yes” is supposed to mean in my above comment. I actually have no recollection even of writing it. Please send help.

10. Mark, hope you sent help to Simon, the Yes Man. I believe his subconscious is trying to tell us something. Something like, um… if we were to ask him for, say, a large sum of money or undying affection or something equally valuable, we’d have a really good shot at it… Especially since he’s totally unaware of his agreeableness.

11. Simon – No, it’s not bad. It took me a while to get one, too. For mowing the lawn and working out, it’s a great little gadget. I had a skip-resistant CD player before, but usually I ended up having to change disks, and I looked pretty silly with an entire CD case crammed into my front jeans pocket. “Hey, here comes Mr. flat-thigh to cut his grass.”

Maybe when you typed the word “Yes,” it wasn’t as random as you think. You could have been expressing your deep desire to listen to “Roundabout.”

Linda – I don’t know how to help a condition from which I often suffer. I like your idea of the large sum of money, though. It might not buy happiness, but it can pay off lots of sadness!

12. On the update: Yeah well, once in awhile I’m on top of things, but not often. It’s hard to be lovely and organized too… :-P